The church was built in 1495 of the order of Valter fon Pletenberg, Master of the Livonian Order.
The church attracts attention with its modern architectonic design.
This church is remarkable by grant of Latvian national founder Kārlis Ulmanis.
The church is an architectural monument of national importance.
The restored church is unusual with its peculiar arrangement of the altar.